In this episode, Dr. Daniel Crosby shares insights on the behavioral aspects of investing. The conversation covered a range of topics, including the trends of passive and active investing, the biases exhibited by portfolio managers, the impact of recent events like the Wall Street Bets phenomenon, and the interconnectedness of personal well-being and financial decision-making. Let’s delve into the key takeaways from this enlightening discussion.
We discuss the following topics:
- Passive vs. active investing: Strengths and weaknesses of both approaches.
- Biases in portfolio managers: Managers can exhibit biases they advise against.
- Rise of retail trading platforms: Gamification, easy access, and zero-cost transactions.
- Role of personal well-being: Connection between well-being and financial decisions.
- WallStreetBets phenomenon: Appeal and cautionary aspects of the movement.
- Influence of extreme states: Impact of emotional and physical states on decision-making.
- Overall insights: Understand approaches, manage biases, consider retail trading, and prioritize well-being.
More about our sponsor Fintalent.io: https://fintalent.io
You can find all episodes of The Wall Street Lab Podcast on https://thewallstreetlab.com/
Check Out these Wall Street Oasis courses:
Elite Modeling Package: https://il130.isrefer.com/go/TWSLElite/TWSL/
LBO Modeling Course: https://il130.isrefer.com/go/TWSLLBO/TWSL/
Real Estate Modeling Course: https://il130.isrefer.com/go/TWSLRE/TWSL/