Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner is Head of the Frankfurt School Blockchain Center at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management where he analyses implications of Blockchain technology on companies and business models. Prof. Sandner is also member of the FinTech Rat – a council for financial technology of the Federal Ministry of Finance in Germany.
In our interview this week we discuss the Blockchain technology and its potential implications. Prof. Dr. Sandner answers all our questions and more regarding the Blockchain and closely related technologies such as smart contracts, digital currencies and other applications of this revolutionary invention. As the conversation continues we jump into topics such as Bitcoin farming, regulatory issues and most recent disruptions in the field. We also discuss how can people and businesses prepare for the arrival and progressive implementation of the Blockchain in the financial industry.
And now for the show notes:
- 2:00 – Introduction to the Blockchain and potential applications
- 7:30 – Application of Blockchain in Options trading
- 10:30 – Most exciting technology application in relation to Blockchain
- 12:45 – Why is it called a Blockchain?
- 15:30 – What is the public ledger and what it implies?
- 16:30 – Blockchain and privacy?
- 19:30 – Public and private Blockchains
- 20:25 – Bitcoin as the final digital currency?
- 24:10 – Backing for Bitcoin and digital currencies?
- 26:50 – Can Bitcoin be hacked?
- 29:25 – Blockchain replacing intermediaries in the markets
- 32:10 – How should people adjust for arrival of the Blockchain technology
- 34:30 – Regulatory issues with the Blockchain technology
- 39:30 – How does the Blockchain work on the fundamental level
- 43:20 – Bitcoin farming
- 44:50 – Is there still place for research within the Blockchain space
- 45:40 – Storage of transactions problem
- 48:00 – Why does it take so long for blockchain to be adopted?
- 50:20 – Credits
If the interview was valuable to you, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter on our website and take a few seconds to leave us a 5-Star review on iTunes.
Subscribe and stay tuned for the next ones!